Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Lovehead

Don't you just hate the pain love can cause. It just rips through you like a knife. It can drive someone to a point of insanity. It is single handedly the greatest and the worst emotion of all. If not under control, you can be at the will of love and do things without thinking twice. It can make someone's life enjoyable, but it also has the power to destroy a person's world in an instant. It causes more people pain than pleasure. Let me ask you these questions:

So why would one want to seek such a thing?
Would the world be a better place without it?

Personally, I hate this emotion, but then again it is a drug. Once you have a taste of it, you will either reject it or like most of society you will fall victim to its addictive strangle holds which overtake the mind in its entirety. It will make you do ANYTHING to find it. Some try to hold back their urges, but people like myself get engulfed in it. I have a very addictive personality. I also have a very strong will at the same time, but the one thing I can not hold back is my emotions. I try as I might, but they will always come out. Sometimes they come out in the wrong way. Sometimes I do things without using logic. When love comes out, it seems like my brain doesn't exist. Only my foolish heart leads the way. I have a very big heart when it comes to caring about others, especially the ones I love. I will do absolutely anything for that one person. She has complete control over my heart. I have no will when it comes to her. My one and only goal is to make her happy at any cost. It does not matter if it causes me misery. If it makes her happy, I will do it. I will go wherever I need to and do whatever it takes to cause the slightest amount of joy. I would give up anything. I am a hopeless romantic whose only dream is to live a happy life with that one person I care about. I am the kind of person that will be happy no matter where I am as long as I am happy with my family. I want a wife and kid(s). But enough about me and what i want. I'm telling this to all of you because I want you to know how dangerous this emotion can be. Many have died over it. It has ruined many lives. It causes insanity and anger. It causes anguish and depression. It is not nice by any means. To those few that have learned to live on the good side of it, it still causes pain. Love never ends. Once you lose that one that you TRULY love, you will be torn and changed for the rest of your life. You may learn to bury it under everything, but it doesn't mean that it isn't there. I personally can't hide it. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I highly advise that you don't rush into love too soon. Then again, no one can control who they love. We are all at the mercy of the will of love. Just cherish every moment you spend with that special someone because tomorrow they may not be there for you to tell them you love them. Back to my original questions. I think everyone seeks it, look for it in the pursuit of happiness. I also don't think the world would be better without it. I think it is what makes the world go round. It makes things in life unpredictable. The world would be too plain without it. Trust me it causes plenty of pain. But for that tiny ounce of happiness, I think it is well worth it.

C.D. Bankey

No comments: