Monday, December 28, 2009

Icebox

I was just writing about this because someone came to me about their ex, and it brought back my own memories about this kind of situation. The toughest kind of break-ups are the ones that are with a person that you know something more could have been. I mean you could see your future together with that person and try everything to make it happen. Some where along the line something goes wrong. Then, and only then, there will there be a turning point. A turning point that can make it or break it for most. The snowball effect takes place. Everything changes. For those that are fortunate and determined, everything will turn back around and only great things come out of it. For most, this will ruin everything that once was.

You ever think about how weird it is that sometimes you want to be honest-to-god friends with and "ex"? I mean like you can talk and be cool and go about your business. Exactly the way it was before you dated that person. Like sometimes I will try to catch up and write something on someone's wall but before I click send, I talk myself out of it and just delete it and move to the next page. I mean I really don't see the point of being friends with an ex. You can never really truly feel happy for them. You will always compare their new significant other to yourself. Friendship is the hardest thing to make out of a previous relationship. Anger always seems to come from the jealousy that arises. Arguments surface out of no where. Hatred starts to form itself. You may find yourself saying something that you truly deep down want to say, but know that you shouldn't. When you say it, you feel great, but afterward you begin to regret it. You wish you could have said things differently. That's when it starts to eat at you. Then even after it's all said and done, the bridge has been burned. You can't fix it. You are officially stuck with one less road to travel down and narrowed your path of life. Somewhere along the line, you start to get tired of caring. You develop a callous heart. It starts to grow cold and you do things that you normally wouldn't have. This is when you realize that you have an icebox. You try to do things to fill that void, but are unsuccessful. Only you can change this.

Maybe this is just me. It's easier for a girl to be guys with a ex-boyfriend than the other way around. I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me but that's just how I feel. I see it happen all the time, and it has happened to me as well.

No comments: